This notice summarizes how the health data about you may be used and shared and how you can get access to this data.
I. How we may use and share health data about you:
- Treatment – To give you medical treatment or other types of health services.
- Payment – To bill you or a third party for payment for services provided.
- Health Care operations – For our own operations such as quality control, compliance monitoring, audit, etc.
II. Disclosures where we do not have to give you a chance to agree or object:
- To you.
- As required by a federal, state, or local law.
- If child abuse or neglect is suspected.
- Public health risks (for public activities to prevent and control spread of disease).
- Lawsuits and disputes (in response to a court or administrative order).
- Law enforcement(to help law enforcement respond to criminal activities).
- Coroners, medical examiners and funeral directors.
- Organ or tissue donation facilities if you are an organ donor.
- To avert a threat to an individual or to public health safety.
III. Other uses of health data: Other uses not covered by this notice or the laws that apply to us will be made only with your written consent.
IV. You have the following rights relating to health data we keep about you:
- Right to inspect your health record and to receive a copy upon request.
- Right to amend information in your health record you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to know to whom we have disclosed your health information.
- Right to ask for limits on the health information data we give out about you.
- Right to receive communication from us about your health information in alternate ways.
- Right to a paper copy of the complete Notice of Privacy Practices.